Adventure Racing & Multisport Training Camp
Learn the tricks and tips from Australia's foremost AR and multisport athletes over this intensive - but fun!- four-day camp at the adventure playground of Falls Creek. This is perfect preparation for those looking at taking on the inaugural Alpine Quest Adventure Race on 25th-28th January.
Mon 21st Jan, 2019
AM - Flatwater kayak technique and video analysis for multisport and adventure racing.
PM - navigation training with ThoughtSports.
PM late - Strength and conditioning for multisport and adventure racing by Peak Adventure and BikeRite.
Tues 22nd Jan, 2019
AM - MTB skills: body position and braking by PeakAdventure and BikeRite.
Lunch - Navigation, map planning, course strategy by ThoughtSports.
PM - MTB skills: climbing and descending by PeakAdventure and BikeRite.
PM late - MTB repairs: chain breaking, tyre sidewall repair by Peak Adventure and BikeRite.
Wed 23rd Jan, 2019
AM and PM - Whitewater skills and safety by PeakAdventure
PM late - Transition (TA) - it's the fourth discipline; time to train for it! Tips and tricks by Peak Adventure and ThoughtSports.
Thurs 24th Jan, 2019
AM and PM Navigation by ThoughtSports
- Coaching and training by head trainers at BikeRite (Jodie Willett), ThoughtSports (Rob Preston) and Peak Adventure (Jarad Kohlar).
- CTR double kayak, paddles, helmets and life jackets (or BYO).
- Adventure movie
- Take home mountain-bike, strength and conditioning, navigation and kayaking framework and lecture notes.
You must arrange your own accommodation and meals.
Suggested equipment list:
- First aid kit – 1 per team (two crepe bandages, adhesive tape, wound dressing and six adhesive dressings, triangular bandage), other personal medication such as painkillers, etc. We strongly encourage carrying heavy crepe bandages as snakes are going to be an issue in the middle of the summer and a lot of them are very active.
- Wetsuits strongly suggested for kayaking (you will be falling in the water)
- Water-resistant torch with sufficient batteries
- Wind and waterproof jacket
- Survival emergency blanket – per person.
- Water bottle or bladder
- Mobile phone (Telstra)
- Mountain bike
- Rear and front lights with sufficient batteries
- Repair kit (minimum two tubes, pump and tyre levers)
- Kayak footwear - strong soles suggested
- Sufficient nutrition
- Electrolyte drinks preventing dehydration
- Dry bag
- Long thermal tights and top
- Balaclava, buff or beanie
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof map case
- Map board for MTB
$399 per person for the full four-day program, $60 per individual half-day session per person, or $99 per full-day session (when booking please select which session you would like to book in to.)
Strictly limited to 15 people per session.